MUN. CHANIA / STAVROS / ARTEMIS APTS
Stavros Akrotiriou P.C. 73100 CHANIA
These superb, recently refurbished, apartments nestling at the base of Zorba's Mountain near Stavros beach. Only 10km from Chania Airport and 16km from Chania town - and set in a peaceful, idyllic location and surrounded by colourful established gardens. All of the apartments have balconies or patios, most with stunning views across the gardens and open land to the sea at Stavros and the mountains. The exquisite pool and surrounding area provide the perfect place for a totally relaxing holiday but, for the more adventurous, Artemis is also an ideal base for exploring the beauties of the Akrotiri Peninsula, Chania and all of stern
Crete beyond. In the low season in particular the area has an abundance of wild flowers and there are trails to explore on foot or by bicycle – we will have a small number of mountain bikes for hire. It is the perfect time for painters as well and we plan to organize a couple of special interest holidays like this for pring 2006.
The 1 and 2 bedroomed apartments, attractively designed on different levels to maximize privacy, are comfortably and traditionally furnished with features such as built-in sofa beds in the lounges. All have air-conditioning, telephone, television, hairdryer, safety deposit box, modern tiled shower rooms and fully equipped kitchens including oven, coffee machine and iron. Guests have the choice of a double bed or twin beds in nearly all of the bedrooms. For a totally lazy holiday a car is not essential at Artemis. Stavros is literally a 10 minute stroll where there are at least 3 good tavernas and 3 cantinas. The mini markets sell fresh bread, milk and some fruit and vegetables as well as all the basic food requirements. We will also be serving snacks at our pool bar during the day. A larger supermarket can be found a couple of kilometers away in Chorafakia, which also boasts the famous “Irenes” taverna. Her home cooking is some of the best around! There are six buses daily from Stavros to Chania which pass through the larger village of Kounoupidiana and also taxis can be called at any time at still reasonable costs.
For our guests that do rent a car there is ample, shaded parking space at the entrance to Artemis. Leisure Facilities at Artemis Apartments The pool area is conveniently situated in front of the apartments and includes the following facilities:
- Stunning freshwater pool measuring approximately 18 x 9 metres and a deep end of 2.5 metres with a wall ladder and walk-in steps plus adjoining shallow, circular paddling pool separated by a small fountain.
- Spacious surrounding area with hedges of pink and white oleanders and well furnished with sun loungers, umbrellas and pergolas under which to relax in the shade.
- Poolside shower and toilets.
- The poolside bar is a shady retreat and friendly meeting place where we serve hot and cold drinks, ranging from tea and coffee to draught beer and cocktails. We will also be offering snacks at lunch time and early afternoon.
- It also doubles as our "office", where we will be pleased to help with any queries, book cars and suggest routes etc. As we have lived in the area for many years, newcomers find the information and advice that we can offer especially helpful.
- Small library of fiction and guide books for guests to borrow.
- Grassed children’s play area with swings and slides.
- Table tennis and selection of popular games.
For the more energetic guests Artemis has a modern, equipped gymnasium. In the grounds, there is a small tennis, badminton, volley ball court and basketball net. We have a few mountain bikes for hire as the immediate area towards Stavros beach and back a couple of km to Chorafakia is fairly flat and not too strenuous. In view of all the local facilities, it is not essential to have a car for the whole of your holiday – something appreciated by many who like to have a break from driving every day. We are pleased to accept multiple apartment bookings to suit groups of families of friends and also arrange any “special occasion” celebrations, including weddings conducted by the local mayor. Kate Broome, our UK contact, was married at Akrotiri Villas in 2004 and will be happy to provide details.